Thursday, June 28, 2007

Saving Erasmus

Do you have what it takes to be a prophet?

Okay, this was one of the most random books I have ever read. But it was hilarious! And touching, in a way. That last line....

Saving Erasmus by Steven Cleaver is not the type of book you come across often. I'm now officially scared to do laundry. (Hey, does this give me an excuse?) I mean, I have no great desire to meet the Angel of Death. But that's precisely what happens in the very first chapter. Poor Andrew. He's about to go on the ride of his life.

For a second, I admit, when they started talking about Puff, I thought I was going insane. It wasn't me. *grins*

I think if there's a single book I had to pick to recommend, it would be this one. (At least, currently. Come on! Give me a break.) It has such a unique appeal. And the line about Sisyphus. *giggles*

This is going to join Relentless and Never Ceese on my shelf one day. Swear it.

Seriously, just go read the book.

(And, yes, this is my idea of a 'review'. Get over it.)

Shine~Ley

No comments: