Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Woohoo!

I really meant to post last night, but I was catching up on the NaNoWriMo thread on Ted Dekker. Those guys are amazing! And a great encouragement.

I didn't mention this before but htis past weekend I went to ATF (Acquire the Fire) in Cleveland. It rocked. Falling Up was there and Flyleaf, not to mention God. It was awesome. I put my name in with all the others like me who are ready and willing to go on a mission trip. I, of course, to Germany. I am waiting for my call. I think Mrs. Shackle was kind of shocked. Oh well, what are we here for?

I found a thing I wrote a bit before November started that I randomly read today and decided to post. *shrugs* Here goes.

November is important to me for another reason. It is National Novel Writing Month. Fondly called NaNoWriMo, thousands of writers join online to attempt to write, in one month, 50,000 words. In coherent and logical sentences, interelated by a common theme and plot-line. Usually. You see, one knows ahead of time that you won't, simply will not, write anything worth publishing, let alone reading. (This is where the other 11 months come in.) But that doesn't matter, if at the end of the month you have conquered that mountain of words, climbed to the top, than you have succeeded and you can count yourselves among the proud ranks of Wrimo novelists. The under-acheiving, under-acknowledged, underdogs of the writing world. Join our progress (and procrastination) at www.nanowrimo.org. You can watch my own progress (can't believe I'm doing this) under the username dreamer freak.
..."staggering work of heartbreaking genius" as Randy Ingermanson would put it...

And that is it. Unedited, yet there are few things I would change. Love first drafts like that.

No comments: