Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Into Reading 2008!

Fall is here! Finally summer is over. If only all the bugs died on the first day of fall, I could be truly happy. Unfortunately, Tasha was telling horrifying tales of centipedes at supper today, so I know it can't be true. *sighs*

Anyway, as for my list....

  1. Calico Bush by Rachel Field ~
  2. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
  3. Frontier Living by Edwin Tunis
  4. The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
  5. Danger on the Ohio by Patricia Willis
  6. Calico Captive by Elizabeth George Speare
  7. Evangeline by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  8. Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts
  9. Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison by Lois Lenski
  10. The Beaded Moccasins by Lynda Durrant
  11. Standing in the Light: The Captive Diary of Catharine Carey Logan by Mary Pope Osborne
  12. The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
  13. The Christmas Surprise by Ruth Nulton Moore
  14. Stowaway by Karen Hesse
  15. Catherine: The Great Journey by Kristiana Gregory
  16. Boston Revolts! by Susan Martins Miller
  17. Johnny Tremaine by Esther Forbes
  18. The Boston Massacre by Susan Martins Miller
  19. The American Revolution by Bruce Lancaster
  20. George Washington's World by Genevieve Foster
  21. George Washington and the Founding of America by Albert Marrin
  22. 1776 by David McCullough
  23. Paul Revere and the World He Lived In by Esther Forbes
  24. Mr. Revere and I by Robert Lawson
  25. The Minute Boys of Lexington by Edward Stratemeyer
  26. A Little Maid of New England: A Little Maid of Province Town and A Little Maid of Massachusetts Colony by Alice Turner Curtis
  27. A Little Maid of Ticonderoga by Alice Turner Curtis
  28. Arundel by Kenneth Roberts
  29. Rabble in Arms by Kenneth Roberts
  30. The Minute Boys of Bunker Hill by Edward Stratemeyer
  31. The Signers: The 56 Stories Behind the Declaration of Independence by Dennis Brindell Fradin
  32. George Washington's Socks by Elvira Woodruff
  33. The Arrow Over the Door by Joseph Bruchac
  34. A Little Maid of Mohawk Valley by Alice Turner Curtis
  35. The Indentured Heart by Gilbert Morris
  36. The Gentle Rebel by Gilbert Morris
  37. The Saintly Buccaneer by Gilbert Morris

Okay, those are my history books. You could say I've gotten behind.... Yeah, you could say that. They aren't quite all up there yet. Because I'm upstairs and too lazy to go down to find out the rest of them. Most of them also don't have authors. I'll fix that. Swear. But I'm too tired tonight. You're lucky you're getting this. Anywho, continuing on...

[Edit 9-25-08] Done! I'n' it pretty. It's also long. *nods solemnly* Yep. Oh! And did ya see I read Calico Canyon? Such a good book!

  1. Sushi for One? by Camy Tang ~
  2. Only Uni by Camy Tang ~
  3. Single Sashimi by Camy Tang ~
  4. Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson ~
  5. Ripple Effect by Paul McCusker ~
  6. Forsaken by James David Jordan
  7. Infidel (the graphic novel) by Ted Dekker
  8. Leave It to Chance by Sherri Sand
  9. Matterhorn the Brave series by Mike Hamel

Those ones are FIRST and such books. I know I'll get these ones done. *grins*

  1. Daughter of the Flames by Nancy Holder
  2. Daughter of the Blood by Nancy Holder
  3. Son of the Shadows by Nancy Holder
  4. Calico Canyon by Mary Connealy ~

And those are just for fun. You gotta have some of those, yeah? ;)

So much is happening this fall. I've got to figure out college stuff. I've got a job (!) and school. October 1st is the grand opening (does that term still apply if nothing technically opens?) of the Marcher Lord Press And NaNoWriMo! Yes, I'm already planning. I'm fairly sure what story I'm doing, and there's a good reason there's not many "fun" books on my list. (As if I needed any more books on that list anyway. *rolls eyes*) In November I am not reading any fiction 'cepting FIRST and history. A wise decision I think. It should free up some of my time for writing and get me caught up with history some. Wish me lots of luck.

Well, I'm gone. I've got today's history book to read and... I don't know, I have a list downstairs. Promise I'll neaten (is that a word?) this list up later this week, but for now.... *shrugs* it's here!

Happy Fall, all!

Shine~Ley

4 comments:

Nathaniel said...

I know how busy work can make you. Your list looks impressive. I don't think I'm making one this time sadly. I haven't read a book in 5 and a half weeks. I might pick one up this weekend though as I don't think I have any plans yet. Besides weed eating your yard Saturday. Good luck!

Cloud 9 said...

You've been tagged! Stop by my blog to find out more.
http://bookreviewstoday.blogspot.com/

Kim

cathikin said...

Hmmm. Is it possible you are into history? Maybe the Revolutionary era in particular? I don't suppose that has anything to do with your NaNo topic? I have a big interest in all things historical myself. Lots of fascinating stuff, although they did their best in school to make it dull and boring. Historical fiction is probably tied with fantasy for my favorite genre in literature. I've read a couple of those books myself, and have the FIRST books lined up as well. Reading Single Sashimi right now. Camy is such a good writer. Gillian Chang could easily have interacted with Camy's characters.

A job, school and zillions of books to read. I hope you read fast and have a photographic memory!

Ashley E said...

I am into history, but ironically enough, NOT American history. Just not my era. I prefer anything pre-Renaissance European, but Ancient Greece was my favorite book. The books just happen to be the last TruthQuest books that I'm doing this year. *sighs* I'll suffer. I still enjoy, just not as much. *smiles*

Fantasy! That, paranormal, horror, sci-fi... anything speculative is like favorite genre of all time. (I make it into a very broad genre, don't I?...)

Are either of you doing FIR? (ooh, cool abreviation! Sorry, I'm a little wound tonight. :P)