Friday, April 06, 2007

News, news, news

I really should try to keep on this a bit more. *grins*

Well, well. Lots of things going down. Where should I start?

Passport, Ley, do the passport!

Fine, if you insist. My passport actually came! Monday to be precise. It's signed and valid and everything. Now I just need to go somewhere!

You are going somewhere. *sighs in aggravation*

Yes, I know that, thank you. But I was being... *glares* never mind. Anyway, so the passport is good news. Heather is going to be so proud when she calls.

Alright, alright! Enough with the passport already, there's a half a million other things too.

There are not half a million. That's a total exaggeration! Just a couple. Let me think a minute...

Oh, get on with it already.

Yesterday a donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent Mom a $1000 check in the mail to be split evenly between both Crystal and I.

Well, you don't have to sound so snotty about it.

Pardon me! Anyway, that puts both of us at about $250 to go. Basically only the domestic travel price. Speaking of which...

I never could follow your thoughts. You jump around too much.

Oh, look who's talking. You're sure not one to be complaining. But to the domestic travel thing. I officially have my ticket! Mom called SkyPass and after a few days of mass confusion (with a little chaos on the side) I am flying to Washington D.C., as (not) expected.

I'm not sure that made any sense at all, but go on.

*smirks* Then we got the news of The Bake Sale. Please notice the caps. This is because this is the ultimate bake sale, the bake sale, as evidenced by the state of our kitchen. There has to be at least $300 worth of cookies sitting around in various places. Probably a good thing as it's being split seven ways.

You didn't tell them about the weather! It's funner that way.

More fun. And the weather has been, well, unpredictable.

That's an understatement.

Tuesday it was eighty. Yesterday, it snowed. I don't think it got above freezing today. A lovely weekend for a bake sale, sure. But the Easter bunny will be there. *grins*

Yeah. Wee-haw, huh?

In other various news, I am going to become a Thingy! (Sweet, huh?)

I, in no way, support or condone this behaviour.

Oh, come on, it'll be fun. Like NaNoWriMo, except in reverse.

In other words, insane.

It's not insane. I think its fun.

How could you know? You haven't done it yet.

Just shut up and let me explain what it is, already! The Spring Reading Thing is basically exactly what it sounds like.

Well, that was helpful.

What did I just tell you? Now this Thing is very simple. You make a list of books you would like to read over the spring and post it on your blog. Then link to Callapidder Days. Voila! You have become a Thingy! I haven't made my list yet, but I hope to tomorrow. Then I'll post and link and we'll see what happens.

Yeah, tomorrow, sometime in between freezing your butt off and selling cookies.

Exactly! Glad you understand. I think I've run out of things to say --

Thank goodness!

-- so I'll leave off with my word of the day. Coinkydink!

Oh, sheesh.

I have no idea what it means (ask Platty!), but isn't it awesome?!

*shakes head and sighs deeply*

Shine!

Yeah, see ya.

~Ley

P.S. Couldn't resist. Sorry. *grins devilishly*

No comments: