Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finally!

It's taken forever (at least to my impatient mind), but my domestic travel fee has finally been charged to my account. I know you have no idea of what I've been going through waiting, but seriously, I've been meaning to e-mail Heather soon about it. It's been getting on my nerves!

What that means is that I 'officially' have $96 to go. Then I'm done! Except for some spending money. But I can handle that.

Did I tell you about the speech Crystal and I had to give on sunday night? I don't remember, but we did. Just a short thing, but my throat was so tight, I could hardly say a word. A sensation I plan on remembering. (Amazing what sort of things are useful to us writerish folk.) But Mr. Rinehart told Mom last night that I had poise! I'm not sure if I believe him or not, but he's sure not the type to give a false impression. He says what he means.

I had been purposely not thinking about the speech or what I was going to say. It was working too. Probably a week after I had been asked to speak, I was reading my Bible before bed and I hit in verse in Luke, I believe, anyway, it's the one about how the Holy Spirit will give you the words to say when you need them. I was not ready to give this up! I had planned on writing my speech. The only way I seem to be able to get words out is on paper. But God was showing me different and, boy, am I glad of it! Sure took away a lot of the stress. Totally ignoring a thing does wonders that way.

Hope always for the best.
You're never alone! (The Door Within)
Shine~Ley

2 comments:

Nathaniel said...

I heard told you had were wonderful besides being nervous. I wish I could have been there to see you guys though.

Nathaniel

Unknown said...

you guys did great. you were actually pretty funny, lol