Sunday, October 08, 2006

The World Hates Me

So, it probably only feels that way, but so what?

I tried to get yesterday (really!) but my stupid computer wouldn't let me. (This time I'll be nice and won't blame it on poor Blogger as usual.) Yesterday, I was bored out of my mind. I went with Mom to Aunt Jenny's (Mom's) birthday party. Now I've undoubtedly met her before, but I sure don't remember it. We stayed for 3 1/2 hours. Whoop. So I sat and did nothing. *sighs*

So, maybe the world doesn't hate me. But sometimes it just really sucks.

But on to something happier. I finished on Friday, The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. She's a German author, and I've had this book in my pile for what seems like forever waiting to read it. And it's turn finally came! It's beautiful. I just need to read all her others now. I'd like to own German copies of her books. Not that I'm anywhere close to being able to read them. But I'd feel special owning them and it'd be nice one day to read them in the original language.

Since I'm talking of books right now, I have to mention one I read about a week ago. It's called The Begotten by Lisa Tawn Bergren. (Isn't the the coolest name?) If you ever see it pick it up. It's amazing! I don't know that I could really describe it if I tried so I won't. *grins*

It's almost November! I don't know which story to write! Ah, maybe I'd better explain myself. You see last year I signed up for NaNoWriMo at the very end of the month. So I didn't get a chance to participate. This year I plan to. Well, at least try. I may fail miserably, but it doesn't really matter.

Dear readers, write!

No comments: